Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Bedroom

I have been blogging on and off about my bedroom for some time now. It started back in 2008, with a post about my Vision Board and my vision of my bedroom furniture, and my Hubris which led to my small misfortunes aka 5 year old leaky roof and the first appearance of my friend Spot.  Again in 2009 when I blogged about Mother Nature and her summer rains that drip drip dripped over DH's head, which was the motivation to the weekend of bedroom shopping and most recently on how Spot is Growing.

Yesterday during my lunch hour I met with DH at Home Depot and we ordered the bathroom cabinet for the area in our bedroom that leads to the shower area. We looked at counter tops as well (really wanted  Granite counter top, but that may not be in the stars) and found a possible supplier.  We also went and looked at flooring (for the millionth time) and found one that we liked instantly and placed an order for that as well.

Last week DH spent a few hours on the roof repairing the roofers repairs (they came out twice), so hopefully the leak has finally been repaired. Afterward he scraped Spot down as well as the other Spot by the door.


What's that you say, there are two spots on the ceiling, well, yes, there are two...



This is Spot 1:  He appeared a few years before the roof was actually fixed, so I am guessing about 2000, 2001?  At one point while painting the hallway in white, I painted over part of spot because I couldn't stand the dark beige spot.  The paint is a satin while the ceiling paint is flat, so now spot is semi shiny....

Next on the list, is ordering the furniture and finding tile for bathroom area, as well as the shower door...

No comments: