Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bedroom Furniture Shopping

It's still raining. Day two of my four day weekend and I have yet to see the sun. DH dragged me out of the house to look for bedroom furniture. We hit a few stores, found a huge Armoire by Tommy Bahama, but the bed frame had been discontinued. Figures. I was ready to call it a day, but DH wanted to venture into Ethan Allen, (the last time we did we both found a bedroom set but the $$$ was just crazy). So venture we did and found the same set as last year, but this time the price was lower, much lower than last year.

After sitting on the furniture for a few minutes we made the decision. Well, almost, we decided on the Tango Louver Bed and the Tango Louver Door ArmoireWe were however, not able to decide on the night stands and whether we could fit the chest of drawers in the room. The rep said that there are many pieces in the Tango set so anyone of those could be used for night stand. Here are just a few examples...




Tango Chairside Table







Tango Cottage End Table







Tango Night Stand







Tango Tray Chest




Because the bed frame and armoire have a louver styling, I am thinking about putting in Plantation Shutters as a window treatment and then Bamboo Pergo flooring. I am going for a Caribbean style, but I don't know if the furniture looks too colonial...

No comments: