Sunday, July 6, 2008

Terrible name for a necklace?


Quiet day, worked on filling an Etsy order, (can you believe I sold another "Even Monkeys Fall From Trees Necklace http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13097679) then experimented with new backgrounds and tried to update some of the current pics on Etsy that didn't thrill me.


I also finished and added another piece to my Words of Wisdom collection. Giving Birth to a Baby is Easier than Worrying About It. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13152674 It is a Japanese proverb - "Anzuru yori umu ga yasashi," the literal translation (I think) is "Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it, " however, I'm not sure that I like the name. It's meaning - Fear is greater than the danger...An attempt is sometimes easier than expected.


Perhaps I should attempt another name for this necklace...maybe "An Attempt is Sometimes Easier Than Expected."

1 comment:

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

I loved reading the story about this necklace, and it's sentiment is so true! Reminds me a lot of the birth of my second child...hey maybe I shouldreward myself with one! :) Glad I found your blog.