Sunday, June 10, 2007

Monet Calling



It was beyond warm today, at 4:30pm it was 90◦F in the shade (really!), but the need to play with fire today overcame my need to stay indoors or to lounge in the pool. I started the morning by working on necklace with a blue micro suede and then thought that some of my Monet lampwork beads would compliment the cord, but of course all I had were a mix of mismatched Monet beads. I fired up the kiln and made about 13 beads - mix of bicone, button and lentil shapes and as I write the kiln is ramping down.

These earrings consists of my handmade lampwork beads inspired by Monet's The Artist's Garden at Giverny, accented with Swarovski Crystals in Capri Blue, Bali Silver & sterling silver ear wires. Earrings are available with a square or round lampwork bead. LD-ER139. http://www.lonerdesigns.com/LD-ER139.htm

No comments: