Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing around with Textures

Okay, I get bored easily. I receive email updates from West Elm and they  have duvet covers to die for…I love this pin tuck look as well as the gathered one.  I would love to incorporate this type of texture onto a bag and I think perhaps next week I will experiment some one.  

 In the meantime, it’s been a while since I have made any changes to the Messenger Bag, the last change was to add was added an external single and split pocket under the flap.  I have been thinking about doing something else to the flap, perhaps play around with a colorful fabric on the cover as I did with this messenger bag, but I haven’t done either…

The other day as I was busy cutting and sewing numerous messenger bags (in a Red Burgundy Twill), I found that I still had some fabric left over.  It wasn’t a lot, enough to make a small strap, when it dawn on me, use it as a decorative piece and attached it to the front flap.  So I did.  On the second one,  I pulled on the fabric to give it some additional texture and a bit of a distressed look, I may even fray the edges.  I think I like it, and I hope you will too… hope to have some photos to post later on…

No comments: