Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad about Plaid

Back to School in Plaid
Since I have been under the weather, I have lots of time on my hands. Before my illness I had spent the previous few weekends cutting out fabric and sewing several messenger bags in preparation for back to school.  I did manage today to finally post one of those bags using a new plaid fabric that I couldn't pass by...

Larger Messenger Bag in Plaid - Hunter Green



I did more experimentation with bag and added two exterior pockets under the flap.  It's a great versatile bag with ample interior space to carry books, documents and up to a 17" laptop.  As always, I used a 10oz cotton canvas for extra durability.

There are two other plaid  patterns that I purchase in addition to the Hunter Green Forest shown here.  As I was sewing with this fabric I couldn't help but be reminded of my school days and school uniforms.

No comments: