Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sewing Weekend - Hey Buy Handmade!

 
Promoting myself has been on my mind lately and I have been itching to get back to creating and sewing.  I have so busy working on my bedroom remodel project that I have had no time to add new items to my shop.  I guess I should add that it's not just one shop, as I have two shops on Etsy, HM Mills & Haute Bridal.  In addition to Etsy, last year I also opened a shop on 1000 Markets and opened another shop at Zibbet.com in December.

All these shops in the past two weeks have resulted in four sales, two being the Brown Canvas Messenger Bag.  As I have been working on these bags, I have been thinking about the customers who chose to forgo the normal avenue by buying something that was mass produced and took a chance on an unknown.  Perhaps they know that a lot of pride and care will go into making their product.

So with that thought, I say support handmade and local artisans.

No comments: