Monday, January 18, 2010

Lonely Pattern

It's been busy here...with the latest House Project underway, I have had no time for sewing.  I started cutting out a pattern about two weeks ago, but between the preparations for the bedroom construction and working too many late nights, work has been interfering with my quiet time. At present this pattern has laid on my cutting table silently and alone.  The pattern is a mix between a swing and a pleated handbag, so if I ever do get to work on it again, I hope that it turns out to be a lovely handbag.
The two fabrics I decided to use for the handbag are from Joel Dewberry's lovey Ginseng collection.  Since it's been so long, I am not sure, but I think the Tossed Flowers Rust will be the top panel and handles and the Orchid Petal Rust will be the exterior of the bag.  I still need to out the lining which will be a light brown broadcloth.

  


Someday. 

No comments: