Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wedding Trends 2009

So Weddings have been on my mind lately, one because I've been thinking about my lonely shop Haute Bridal and the second is that my cousin is getting married in July at a resort in Mexico and three because my sixth year wedding anniversary is approaching and I still haven't done my wedding photos (I know, I know).

As the economy is struggling, I started wondering about Brides-to-be and how does one plan a wedding in this economy. I received an email from IdoBrides, where I have a free listing on their site. Their advertising campaign highlighted that the trends in 2009 will relate to saving money as couples plan their weddings.
  • Smaller weddings with fewer guests

  • Destination weddings or destination type weddings closer to home

  • Accent colors on dresses and cakes with the most popular being greens and blues

  • Increased reliance on family and friends to help plan, pay, and provide some of the services

  • Increased use of green and echo friendly products and services

  • Simplified decorations, centerpieces and wedding invitations

  • Increased use of online RSVP's vs. traditional mail-in RSVPs

  • Off-peak weddings; Mornings, Afternoons, Fridays, Sundays, October becomes the new June

  • Buffet meals, Hors d'oeuvre, and cocktail receptions

  • Cheesecakes, cupcakes and miniature cakes

  • All-inclusive packages

No comments: