Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hobo Bag - Part 1

Last weekend after finishing my first bag, I decided it was time to start another bag. I settled on the Hobo Bag pattern provided by JCaroline Creative . It is a great looking bag and when you have time you should stop by her site to take a look around as she has a great store, tutorials and blog. I decided to use the Black/White/Gray Leaves fabric that I purchased from Ikea a few weeks ago.

My Progress So Far:

Here is a pic of the bag after cutting the pattern out (I think this is the interior of the bag)...

This is a picture of the exterior of the bag with the interfacing sewn to the fabric and after attaching the front and back pieces... messy, messy, I know... And finally, this is the right side view of the bag's exterior after pinning the loops and hardware together and basting the top hem...I decided to use a bright silver finish for the rings because of the white in the fabric. I figured this was better than the gold or the antique finish.

No comments: