Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Playing with Textures - Distressed Look

Okay, the other week I told everyone I was getting bored with the Messenger bag design and that I wanted to do something different, at least start with the flap.  So, as I started making another messenger bag with a recent purchase of red/burgundy cotton twill...  

I decided to added a strap of fabric down in front of the flap, then I frayed the edges and sanded the flap in spots to give the bag an overall distressed look.









As with all my messenger bags, the interior is lined with 10oz cotton canvas in natural for extra durability.

Under the flap - you'll find a two deep exterior pockets while inside contains a zipper pocket and a split pocket to hold your keys, cell phone and I-Pod, etc.

The adjustable strap is long enough to wear across your chest or if shorten to carry as a tote.

You can find this beauty here: Messenger Bag Distressed - Red Twill


No comments: