Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Name, a name...

I have been debating on a name for this bag.

I wanted something different than along the line of a  "Pleated Bag" so I debate....Shoulder Sac, Shoulder Sack, Pleated Sack, Pleated Bucket....well I guess regardless of a name, I have been dying to cut into my recent purchase of hemp/cotton fabric.  I pickup a few shades, but by far, the gray is my favorite.   My other favorite is the recent addition of a  roll of 10oz Cotton Canvas that I will be using for the lining.  I like the contrast between the dark exterior and light interior and the canvas makes the lining extra durable.   

I spent another day cutting lining for several bags and then adding the interior pockets, a 2-slip pocket on one side and a zipper pocket on the other. The next day, after cutting the exterior for just this bag, I spent the whole day experimenting with the pattern.  I ended up with a 6" gusset which rounded the sharp corners which made for a large bag. 



I just love the look and feel of this bag.  It's extra large and with an adjustable strap you can wear it over the shoulder or messenger style. I have placed the bag in my Etsy shop and can be found here.

2 comments:

Harp said...

Gorgeous! How do I get my hands on one?!

HM Mills said...

Hi Harp,
Thanks! You can find this great bag in my shop: http://www.hmmills.com