Saturday, March 7, 2009

Handbag Pattern Madness

A few weeks ago I started perusing EBay and Etsy for handbag patterns after several unsuccessful visits to JoAnn Fabrics. I ended up winning/buying a few - some of the patterns are out of print; some are newer from this season, and some are from the new indie pattern makers. As each one has arrived, I have held the pattern in my hands and dreamt of different fabrics and trims. Last week I went to JoAnn's with one of the pattern envelops by my side, so now I have fabric and trim waiting in the wings...

This morning, I glanced at that Hobo Bag that has been tormenting me and remembered how last night I ripped out the zipper. I thought to myself, it's Saturday morning, the weekend is upon us and I didn't want to be brought down, so I decided to focus on my handbag patterns again. When I gathered them together, (I had a few in different rooms), I discovered I had 12 of them. This does not include the tutorials I previously downloaded from some of my favorite sewing blogs. Before you judge me I must add, that I purchased the majority of them for a price lower (price + shipping) than JoAnn's, but still, 12* may be pushing it. So now I am going to return to my Hobo Bag and dream of future handbags.


*Please note, later this month, JoAnn's is having another one of their Pattern Sales - McCall's Pattern will be $1.99/each and Vogue Patterns will be priced at $3.99/each, so there is a possibility of the pattern stash increasing...

No comments: